. Claude was raised in Spain—Muggle style. His mother was an oriental wandcrafter as well as a herbalist. Despite being the greatest underachiever to ever exist on the planet, she expected GREAT things from Claude and often has to hit him with chanclas because he is disappoint. Since herbs and potions are a Shun specialty, Wei-Lai constantly trained him in the art of advanced potion brewing. All this Spartan-esque training has made Claude some kind of avant-garde potions prodigy (meaning he's good @ it, but prefers to blow stuff up). To the relief of Claude, she has severe wanderlust and never stays home for more than an hour.
. His Muggle father—on the other hand—was a chill kind of dad who taught Claude a lot of book things then let him do his own thing. As a librarian, Claude's father usually read, checked out, or shelved books. Since Claude was a bookworm himself, he would often help his father in the library by carrying books around and reading in his down time. Never underestimate the weight of books—their weight gave Claude super strong arms. Claude was very fond of his father, even though they rarely spoke to one another: Halcyon days where the two communicated through subtle smiles and brief glances. Halcyon days over when Mom came home and the house turned into a boot camp. And so his tween years were filled with on and off peace and hardcore potion training.
. Prior to Hogwarts, Claude attended a Muggle school. He was a generally antisocial person and avoided conversation when he could, obtaining most of his social skills from books and Tumblr. For a while, he served as his school's punch bag—a past experience that has made him nice and firm like a 110-pound cold turkey. After 11 years of mundane life, Claude finally received a letter from Hogwarts and waved ta-ta to his Muggle life. His mother, squealing with happiness, crafted him a wand as a parting gift and responsibly dropped him off at the Hogwarts express before running off for some mahjong. "Son. Just know that me and Cayo are proud of you. Oh look at the time- 麻将时间道了！"
➲ m a g i c Spells.
□ Avis. Conjures a flock of birds (ravens in Claude’s case).
□ Oppungno (point). Directs objects or individuals to attack a certain target (Claude pairs this with Avis).
□ Accio. Summons objects (he mostly uses this to get books without getting up).
□ Expulso. Blows things up (blowing things up is fun okay).
□ Episkey. Heals minor injuries (useful, since he has the tendency to blow up half of his face in potions class).
□ Silencio. Silences the victim (when chatty people start to annoy him).
(Handmade by his mother.)
■ Core. Phoenix Feather Classes.
■ Length. 10 ¼ inches
■ Wood. Ebony
■ Flex. Supple
■ Strengths. Potions . Herbology . History of Magic
■ Weaknesses. Muggle Studies . Flying . Divination
■ Average. DADA . Charms . Transfiguration . Astronomy
■ Electives. Alchemy . Care of Magical Creatures
■ Extra. Muggle Music . Ghoul Studies
➲ m i s c.
- Hates all forms of physical activity. He has low stamina. Surprisingly, he has strong arms because he often helped his father carry loads of books in the library.
- He never takes out his textbooks in class because he has them memorized.
- Spanish accent thickens when he's nervous or lying. If it's really serious, he'll just lapse into Spanish completely. Knows a bit of French because Spanish and French are similar.
- He can internet. And I mean he can really internet.
- Has absolutely no sense of personal space. He'll be all up in your face breathing your CO2.
- Showers with his clothes on. All those other people who shower naked are pure weirdos.
- 5 minutes in the sun and his skin gets owned.
- You know that one kid in class whose hands always feel like they've been stuck in a freezer for 6 hours when everybody else is hot and sweaty? Yeah. Das Claude.
- Bad eyesight. Left = almost blind. Right = perfect 20. Incomprehensibly, he covers his right eye.
- Hippogriff repellent. They part before him like the red sea before Moses— This makes him want to cry because he loves 'em.
- He only shakes hands with people he considers friends. And he's very serious about it too. Do not offer to shake his hand if you've just met him or he'll stare at it until you withdraw.
- Bothers to get good grades in Herbology to pursue his dream career of being a Magizoologist. If that career fails, he'll become a dragon-importing crime boss.